The mission of the American Land Conservancy is to protect our natural heritage by conserving land for the benefit of people and wildlife.
- We seek to foster healthy ecosystems by preserving biological diversity and protecting habitats.
- We believe people need open space to connect to nature and recharge.
- We understand that healthy ecosystems are essential to sustainable economies and communities.
- We believe in conserving working farms and ranches to sustain historic landscapes and a way of life.
- We consider collaboration to be critical to the future of land conservation in America.
- We believe that private landowners can often serve as the best stewards of land.
- We believe that effective land conservation is possible only through public and private partnerships in communities where projects are located.
- We value integrity and professionalism and strive to meet or exceed the nation’s laws and regulations,the policies of Land Trust Alliance, and the standards of sound nonprofit governance.
- We believe in an open approach to conservation work that is consistent with the protection of the rights of landowners to privacy and private property.
- We believe that projects should be approached with common sense, fairness and respect for others.
- We believe the quality of our staff, board of directors and council of advisors is critical to ALC’s conservation work.
- We believe in supporting employees with fair compensation and benefits, and a safe, enjoyable and encouraging work environment.